Seasons and prices are the most important information in your property listing since these often determine whether an enquiry is sent or not. You can enter these for each property in your landlord login area under the tab “Seasons & Prices”. Besides indicating a price per night, you are also able to enter a minimum stay, discounts and arrival day. Furthermore, you can enter a price for additional services.
Please notice the following when entering season and prices:
- Enter for minimum a year ahead: Many guests plan their holiday months in advance. If you do not enter any prices your listing will not appear in a search including a price interval although your property is available.
- Enter prices dependent on season: Vary your prices according to e.g. high season, low season and bank holidays.
- Enter accurate prices: Consider whether the rental prices should account for the property or per person. If you have compulsory or optional additional services (e.g. final clean, bed linen, breakfast) please enter these as well. If final clean is included in the rental price, please also enter this information in “Additional Information” at the bottom.
- Full entry of prices: Please beware of gaps! If for example a seasons ends on the 15.9 then the next season has to begin on the 15.9. Our price calculator can otherwise not display a correct price.
- Minimum stay: Please consider the minimum number of nights a guest has to book in order for the booking to be profitable for you. During low season it can be beneficial to allow a stay for only a night or two in order to increase the likelihood of bookings during this period.
To simplify the entry of seasons and prices you have the possibility to either transfer the prices to other properties or to the following year. Moreover the system is set to automatically update your seasons and prices every three months for the following year. If you do not want this to happen, please unmark the service.
How is the price displayed in the listing calculated?
The price, which is displayed at the top of your listing, is calculated based on the rental price per night plus any compulsory additional services such as final clean. If the price per night is for example €50.00 and the final clean is a one-off cost of €30.00, then the price for a six day rental will be €55.00 per night (€30/6 + €50 = €55).
If the tenant has not entered any specific dates in his or her search, the price per night plus any compulsory additional services will be calculated based on a 14 nights stay.
How far in advance can I place a Last Minute offer?
A Last Minute offer can at the earliest be placed four weeks before the first day of the offer.
What may the rental duration be for a Last Minute offer?
The rental duration for a Last Minute offer should be of a maximum of 14 nights.
How can I make my property listing more appealing?
An appealing listing, which makes guests want to spend their holiday in your property, is an absolute must. The following can help you improve your listing:
- Please ensure to upload meaningful photos in good quality. Fuzzy and dark photos or photos of untidy rooms will only leave the guest with a negative impression.
- The availability calendar should always be up-to-date.
- Take your time to write the description of your property and ensure to be as precise and honest as possible, while also considering the formulations.
- If your property received a certificate from Deutschen Tourismusverband (DTV) or another organisation, then please send us a copy of the certificate and we will make sure to add it to your listing.
- Encourage your former guests to write guest reviews. Prospective guests prefer properties with positive reviews.
How do I get more requests for my vacation accommodation?
Important for the increase of inquiries is always an appealing presentation of your accommodation. Here you will find some useful tips that you should consider in your presentation. Furthermore, additional advertising options are available, such as booking a photo link or a last-minute offer, with which you can further highlight your accommodation.
1. Maintain your availability calendar. Accommodations with a maintained availability calendar receive up to 6 times as many inquiries as accommodations without a current availability calendar. This helps you to avoid both inquiries at times when your vacation accommodation is already occupied and dissatisfied prospective tenants who feel inadequately informed. In addition, a regularly updated occupancy calendar has a positive effect on the positioning in our search results. Availability calendars that have not been maintained for more than 45 days or have never been maintained are displayed as "properties without a maintained availability calendar". The same happens if the accommodation does not have current prices.
2. Enter prices and seasons preferably for a year in advance. Pay attention to seasonal prices, which vary depending on the main/low season. The more specific the better here. Inform guests exactly what they will be charged. In addition to entering the overnight price per night, this also includes specifying additional prices (such as final cleaning). Because only if all prices are indicated, our price calculator can calculate the correct final price.
3. Most vacationers pay attention to positive reviews from other guests when looking for a vacation accommodation. Take advantage of this and ask your tenants to submit a review. In your landlord login area under "View reviews" you will find the item "Get a review". Here there is an already pre-written text, which you can thus send directly to your vacation guests. Of course, you can change and personalize the text at any time. Positive reviews are displayed in the search result and randomly on the home page.
4. Think about the minimum stay: What is the minimum length of time a tenant should stay to make it worth your while? But also keep in mind that especially in the low season it is a good idea to admit guests for 1 or 2 nights. This way you increase the probability of renting out your accommodation even in months with low bookings.
5. The first impression is the most important - photos usually play a big role. You should consider the following tricks if you want to inspire with good photos:
- Exterior view: photograph your house in good weather and preferably in spring or summer - when the trees are green and the sun is shining, everything looks much friendlier.
- Brightness: light up rooms well - brighter pictures look more radiant and friendly. Again, sunlight is the best option here.
- Size of rooms: Rooms look larger when photographed diagonally from one corner to the other. It goes without saying that tidying up beforehand is a must.
- Digital pictures: Take pictures with a digital camera instead of scanning old photos. The pictures should not fall below a width of 475 px and a height of 356 px. With us you have the possibility to upload a main view as well as 20 additional photos. To give potential tenants a comprehensive impression of your vacation accommodation, you should take advantage of this and upload the largest possible number of images.
6. Remember to describe your vacation accommodation as appealing and as honest as possible. Try to put yourself in the shoes of a prospective renter: What information would you want? What is the decisive factor for choosing a vacation accommodation?
Experience has shown that the following questions are of particular interest to vacationers:
- Location of the bedroom: does the bedroom face the street or a quiet courtyard?
- If there are several rooms: What is the distribution of the beds?
- How are the individual rooms (including the kitchen) equipped?
- On which floor is the accommodation located?
- Is there a garden and if so, how is it equipped?
- Are pets allowed?
- Is there a parking place?
- Location of the accommodation: Are there shopping facilities etc. nearby?
- Is the accommodation suitable for families with children? Are there cribs, high chairs, toys, etc.?
- Are extra services offered (e.g. breakfast, etc.)?
7. has your vacation accommodation been awarded by the German Tourism Association (DTV) or a similar institution? Then show this to your prospective tenants! A positive rating from an independent organization creates confidence among tenants, which results in a higher number of rentals.
8. Is your vacation accommodation also open to dogs or is it located on a farm? Then show this and increase the chance of renting. In your landlord login area you have the possibility to assign different holiday categories to your accommodation. The selected category will then appear on the individual view of your accommodation. In addition, you can provide information and tips on the corresponding topic. This way you address tenants even more specifically.
9. Highlight your accommodation by posting a photo link. A photo link is a small picture of your accommodation with a direct link to your property presentation, which is displayed, for example, on the home page of %%allg_site. Through this additional advertising you highlight your accommodation more and present yourself to even more potential tenants.
10. Advertise your accommodation furthermore with a last minute offer. If you want to close short-term rental gaps, booking a last-minute offer is the ideal solution to attract last-minute vacationers with a discount of at least 10%. Your accommodation will then appear on our last minute page.
11. Translate your property presentation into English and German to appeal to international prospective tenants. Click on "Edit property" in your landlord login area. Above the individual text fields you will find an English/German flag. If you click on it, you can enter the text in English and German. If you want a professional translation of your object presentation, you can simply use our translation service. This way you do not have to miss the presentation of your vacation property for the international audience. For this you can contact us or write an e-mail to info[at]travanto.com. The English object presentation will appear on our portal www.travanto.com.
What else can I do to generate more bookings?
To increase your booking you can book an affordable photo link, which gives you the possibility to advertise your property on the welcome page, on the search result page or one of the other attractive pages on %%allg_site. The photo has a link directing users directly to your listing.
If you would like to close any short term booking gaps, you can place a Last Minute offer up to four weeks in advance. The discount must be at least 10% of the normal rental price. Your Last Minute offer will be advertised on our special Last Minute page.
Do you have a private website where you advertise your holiday properties? Then take part in our free link swap programme to direct visitors to your listing directly to your website.
What can I do in case of last-minute gaps or cancellations?
You can post last minute offers with us. For hosts in the online booking these are free of charge. If you use the non-binding inquiry booking, the exact price breakdown will be displayed before booking.
To book a last minute offer, go to your property overview in the login. To the right of the respective accommodation you will see the button "Last minute rent". Click here to go to the booking section. Please note that the travel period that you want to rent out by last minute may be within the next 28 days at the most. The last minute offer may include a maximum rental period of 14 nights.
What can I do if a booking request seems suspicious?
A booking request can seem suspicious when the guest wishes to pay with a cheque. Cheques can be cancelled until several weeks after it has been issued, and they are therefore used frequently by cheque fraudsters. You should instead require that the guest transfers the rental price, since a money transfer cannot be cancelled. Moreover, you should always send a rental contract stating the specific payment requirements (including the exact amount and payment deadline). It is often useful to ask for a deposit directly after a booking has been made. If you are in doubt then please reject the suspicious booking request.
If you are still worried about unserious enquiries then you can sign up for Online Booking or Direct Enquiry on %%allg_site, enabling the entire booking process to go through us. This will minimise the risk of fraudsters.
How can I appeal to international vacationers?
We offer you the possibility to translate your object presentation between English and German and thus address international guests. The English version of your object presentation will appear on our portal www.travanto.com - the German Version will appear at www.travanto.de
To create an object presentation in both German and English, you can simply go to "Edit object" in your landlord login area and click on the English or German flag above the text fields there. Then you can insert the text there. To get a professional translation of your object presentation, you can also simply use our translation service. Feel free to contact us about this service or send us an e-mail to info[at]travanto.com.
If you receive international guests, you can also use the contact languages. This way, prospective tenants can see in which language they can send their request to you. You can add the contact languages in your landlord login area under "Your contract details".
What are top offers?
To increase your utilization, you can book a low-cost top advertisement. With this additional advertising option, you appear with your object presentation either directly on the start page, in the search results or in the search mask in the "Advanced search" area. The top offers are directly linked to your object presentation. Guests will find your accommodation even faster and without a long search.
You can find more detailed information on this in your Login Area